[Click on the image above or here for direct link to this Prezi]
My final project for EdTech 554 is to create a professional development activity for teachers in my school. This assignment is pragmatic and the training we create should be useful in our daily practice. I chose to focus on helping teachers better empower students to be better 21st Century researchers. I am not a librarian, but I have noticed that students (and often teachers) generally don’t tap into enough Web 2.0 tools available to them to help them search, organize, and annotate their research.
For the assignment, I was given the following questions to consider and I will be graded against how well I address these:
- Are the goals SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound)?
- Professional development goals that will improve all students’ learning?
- Professional development goals that will improve teacher effectiveness?
- Professional development goals that differentiates the learning?
- What activities are planned?
- What are the expected outcomes?
- How will the learning be measured?
- How will you ensure the learning returns to the classroom?
- How will you measure the outcome on student learning?
Here is my professional development plan that outlines SMART goals and expected outcomes, NETS for Teachers standards, learning activities, and how to measure student outcomes. I can’t wait to give it a try.